Monday, June 25, 2012

AND....We're back in the game!

Summers are crazy. That is just the truth.

Everyone looks forward to summer because they are ready for a break...and then all of a sudden, summer is halfway over and everyone is thinking, "Holy crap! Where has the time gone!"

Don't get me wrong, I love me some summer. Warm days, cool evenings, tan skin, slushies till you turn blue in the mouth...yes...Youth Ministry summers are the best.

It is nice to get caught up in the tidal wave of activity and even nice to get lost in the busyness of not being busy with the usual tasks of life.

We have had some great moments...
Summer kickoffs, BBQs, Hawaiian vacations, Weddings, VBS skits, pit stains (sick), twinkly lights and fine beverages enjoyed with friends...

And lets not forget about the anxious awaiting of our USCIS approval for adoption. :)

Oh yeah...that whole adoption thing.

My life has been so consumed with adoption for the past 6 months, I sometimes forget that there are other things going on...you know like...life.

And honestly, the "Summer Sweep" has been a welcome distraction.

This new found busyness has become so unfocused on the future of our lives and way more focused on the life we are living presently.

I'm learning that God is all about our present just as much as He is all about our future. And I think I often miss things by being so consumed with what is to come. I forget that the life that is happening NOW is the life I am meant to live NOW.

So, although Summer is...well...summer...

The tidal wave is refreshing. And perspective changing. At least for a little while.








No comments:

Post a Comment