Saturday, December 8, 2012

For Those Wondering...


This is me.



Airport-a-month girl.
Wifey girl.
Photographer girl.
Worship Leader girl.
Girls Ministry Leader…girl.
Adoptive Parent Journey-er girl.
Blogger/Absent blogger girl.

Completely overwhelmed, tired, exhausted, over it…girl.

I find myself sitting in another terminal, getting ready for another flight, to another city and I’m starting to wonder if I should just ask Oakland if I could set up camp in their airport.
I’m charming enough to not be a TSA threat, right?

I’ve been too tired to blog. And I’ve been watching an unhealthy amount of TV.
Like, REALLY unhealthy.

To my credit …
Once Upon A Time and Parenthood...
I mean, come on! You can’t even say that you’re not addicted if you watch. That would just be straight lying.
And Netflix live streaming…
Whoa. What up simultaneous blessing and curse?

I told Erik the other day that I have resorted to this behavior because it is the only thing I can do that doesn't require my mind to be creative.
Shut it off.
Power down.
Let other creative people do their job and entertain my frying mind. 

Anyway, like I said…
I’m sitting in the airport.
Actually, it is lucky that I am writing and not catching a show on Netflix before take-off.

I wasn't kidding. I have a problem.

My initial reason for flying back to the Midwest is sad. I will be attending my Uncle’s funeral and spending the next couple days reminiscing memories of his life, telling old stories and honoring the greatest things about who he was. It will be a bittersweet time for sure.

The days that follow the service and precede Christmas, however, will be an unexpected blessing…
An extended stay with family that I am realizing will become a necessary mending time for my creative soul.
Maybe we could call it a “tune-up”. 
Like the greasy, messy, expensive one where the guys in the one piece jumpsuits come in and make a gracious but "what the heck have you been doing to your car" face and say "This might take longer than expected."

My prayer: Restoration.
My hope: Renewal.
My anticipation: Rest.

Well and obviously all of that mixed with a lot of laughing, a lot of fun, and a lot of…wine?

And hopefully a lot of blogging. 

That is, of course, once I get my act together.

Oh. And finish Season 3 of Parenthood.








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We're in the middle of Season 3 and stay up WAY too late trying to watch it too! :/ I hope you get your rest and renewal soon. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you today at church! Also I love once upon a time and am very sad that it has stopped for a while! :(

    ReplyDelete