Saturday, July 7, 2012

Growing in Our Hearts

It has been a long road. Yes.
And we still have WAY longer to go.

A good friend of mine, who has been through this process a couple of times, told me that it is important to celebrate each milestone in the adoption journey with something, such as a baby gift or a Starbucks. You know...to keep you sane.

And believe me, I have helped myself to enough Starbucks, thank you.

But while Erik and I were out today, we realized that we have never bought anything for our child. I think most of the time it feels like it is so far away that it is almost premature to buy something for someone who probably isn't even born yet.

But it is important. It is important for us. For our child. And for our sanity.

There are a lot of things that can discourage you in this process and it is really easy to lose sight of the fact that at the end of all of it, there is a child. Our child.

So today while making a quick trip to the Vintage Market in Turlock, we stumbled across this...


And this became not just a blanket, but a celebration of our child. Our child who is not yet known...but who is growing in our hearts. 




1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys :)!

    ReplyDelete