Monday, July 2, 2012

Remember (Thoughts from a Dad-To-Be)



As we wait for our lengthy US immigration process to finish, our “parent hearts” are achingly growing every second of each day. Our hope finds its fuel, comfort, and patience by remembering and being amazed by how God’s love has pursued Jessa and I. Every time I think about it I am overwhelmingly speechless. His love never grew tired, went to extremes, brought hope, didn’t flinch, and extended us an invitation to courageously go “all in” on this journey to adopt our child. So as our family story waits for the next chapter to be written (and I count the seconds to be called Dad for the first time), we stand with the God who audaciously loves us for who we are. 

We are Erik and Jessa Anderson.

“Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans” Isaiah 1:17



2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of how you are grounding your marriage and cultivating your heart for parenthood on the truth of who you are. We love you both my man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK my world as an Amazing son-in-law....and an Amazing husband to my beloved daughter.....I know you will totally rock my world as a "daddy" because your heart does seek justice and you walk humbly with our God....Love you much....Momma Heyse

    ReplyDelete