Monday, March 5, 2012

just one of them days.

I'm so tired. (this is me whining).

Like straight up, dragged down, emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritual EXHAUSTED!

5 hour energy can't even cure this situation.

And I don't really have a good excuse. Seriously.

All things considered, I'm a bit of a slacker.

I guess everything just piled up on top of each other and the weight got a bit too heavy today. Ministry, marriage, adoption, photography, fundraising...BLAH!

Do you ever have those days where life is just too much? Where you don't know how you got there but you are literally on the verge of a complete breakdown?

That is me. Right now. Right here. Happening today.

I kind of just want to go sit in a room somewhere for like 4 days and not talk to anyone.

How is that even appealing?

You would have thought there would be some kind of warning, right? Like flashing lights and detours signs? I feel like that pour little kitten hanging from the tree branch.

...I just feel it super necessary to give a visual reminder here in case any of us have forgotten the wonder of "Scholastic" and all of the ridiculous posters they allowed you to purchase in the name of education. Amazing...




Ok back on track...
I'm reminded today of the reason we started this blog and the theme that holds it and our lives together. I don't want to be reminded today, but I am.

And for my sake, I'm going to share it on here today...if only for me having to read it as I type it out to remind myself of its truth.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on your. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! You put into words exactly how I'm feeling. And the verse at the end, just the encouragement I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knew this journey would be hard.....but the Lord is growing you and teaching you. Stay true and strong and expect His mercies and grace to surprise you with joy!

    ReplyDelete