Friday, March 30, 2012

To Remind Myself

"It is really easy to get overwhelmed along the way of adoption."

I was told this before we started.

Overwhelmed? I can handle overwhelmed. I am the queen of conquering overwhelmed. I have learned to deal.

Funny how awesome we think we are in our own strength...and then how surprised we are when we just can't cut it.

I'm realizing (on a daily basis) that all of this work and effort and time means nothing without giving up control.

Because I get overwhelmed. God doesn't.

"Today put everything into prospective. Stop trying to work things out before their time has come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today's agenda. If it isn't, release it into my care and go on about today's duties.

When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: A time for everything,and everything in its time." - Jesus Calling

My dad sent this in an email to me the other day and I have found myself reading it several times...an hour. 

I need to be reminded because I have let myself get consumed. 

I need to be reminded because I can't do it alone.

I need to be reminded because there is indeed a time for everything. 

So the day prior to a huge fundraiser for our adoption, I am asking not for people to sign up, not that we make lots of money, not even that the rain doesn't come...

But that we can all pray and be reminded to let God be God and to dwell in the wonder and simplicity of the knowledge that He is doing amazing things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment