Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Only Thing

I tend to try and accomplish all tasks at once.
It is the way my brain works.
I give myself a list...and BOOM! Like a horse released from the gates...I'm runnin!

And these are not like "Do laundry and pick up milk" tasks.

These are like "Sell the car, adopt a child, bring every person in Modesto to Christ, and accomplish World Peace TODAY!!" tasks.

Erik always says "Jessa, you aren't going to be able to save the world in one day."
To which I usually respond with an "I know."

In my heart...I am really thinking, "Says who?"

Sometimes I think I'm invincible.

When I end up curled in a ball on my couch, rocking back and forth, crying on the phone to my poor husband who is at Seminary trying to study, I often wonder how I got to this place.

Really, Jessa? Really?

So, this morning...I decided to spend some much needed time with a guy who usually brings about a lot of peace in my life. This is what He said to me...

"Jessa, I will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

So how about erasing my "Do this, Do that" list...and just adding the only thing that I really need to do?

Be still.


1 comment:

  1. Great advice for all of us......and I might add....Dad's favorite....Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight......do not be wise in your own eyes

    Proverbs 3:5-7a

    ReplyDelete