Thursday, February 2, 2012

You're Mine

In our devotions this morning, we read Isaiah 43:1-4. 
I tell you what...
It rocked our lives. 
I know what you are thinking...everything rocks the Anderson's lives these days. But, wow...
What a glorious and awe-filled reminder of who God is. 

But now, God's Message, 
the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, 
the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.    
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.    
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!    
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,    
trade the creation just for you.

Reading these words, we hear God's voice echoing into our worries, anxieties, self-consciousness and doubts.
He is passionate about being in and among our lives. So much that He would do anything...that He DID everything! 
I guess what we are trying to say through these ramblings and teary eyes, with coffee in hand...
We hope that we can remember these words each day and that our child will grow up knowing the same truth about the incomprehensible love of God. 



1 comment:

  1. You two are amazing and an inspiration to so many. You've started your marriage off on the right footing and that's wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete